About the University
Texas Southern University is a student-centered comprehensive doctoral university committed to ensuring equality, offering innovative programs that are responsive to its urban setting, and transforming diverse students into lifelong learners, engaged citizens, and creative leaders in their local, national, and global communities.
Texas Southern University will become one of the nation’s pre-eminent comprehensive metropolitan universities. We will be recognized by the excellence of our programs, the quality of our instruction, our innovative research, and our desire to be a contributing partner to our community, state, nation, and world.
Organization for Instruction
The University is organized for academic instruction as eleven colleges and schools. The names of these instructional units appear below:
- The Jesse H. Jones School of Business
- The College of Education
- The Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- The School of Communication
- The College of Liberal Arts and Behavioral Sciences
- The Barbara Jordan - Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs
- The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- The College of Science, Engineering, and Technology
- The Graduate School
- The College of Continuing Education
- The Thomas F. Freeman Honors College
Texas Southern University is located in Houston, TX, the fourth largest city in the US and one of the fastest-growing and forward- moving cities in the world. Nestled upon a sprawling 150-acre campus, Texas Southern University is located in the heart of the city in Houston’s historic Third Ward, giving its students and faculty easy access to the Museum District, neighboring educational institutions, the Texas Medical Center, City Hall, downtown Houston, and all of the city’s major freeways.