Executive Master of Business Administration (Energy Finance Concentration), EMBA
The Online Executive MBA Program (EMBA) with a concentration in Energy Finance is uniquely designed to meet the challenging needs of mid-career professionals in the Energy Sector. The program is offered online and provides a finance/energy focus. Students are required to complete nine core EMBA courses and three specialized energy finance courses. The program combines the advanced business concepts of a master of business administration curriculum and prepares candidates to lead and manage organizations in the energy sector.
Students are admitted to the EMBA program twice per year, in the fall and spring semesters only. The deadline for submission of all application materials is July 15 for the Fall semester and November 15 for the Spring semester (early submission is encouraged).
Admission to the Online Executive MBA program requires a minimum of three to five years of significant management or supervisory experience and a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher
- An official transcript of all undergraduate course work.
- Evidence of at least three (3) to five (5) years of significant and progressive management and/or supervisory work experience.
- A statement of purpose of no more than 500 words (2-pages), explaining your reasoning for seeking an advanced degree in business, describing how the program will help facilitate your career goals. Reflect on your greatest accomplishment and disappointment, and, lessons learned from the experiences. Discuss your professional and executive experience that relates to the pursuance of this program including a brief discussion of your post-EMBA goals.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation are required, including one from your immediate supervisor. Letters of recommendation should be obtained from individuals who know you well and can present a balanced evaluation and assessment of your capabilities. Letters should include your strengths, ma n a g er i a l / su p e r vi so r y e x p er i en c e , areas for improvement and commitment to academic excellence in a rigorous program.
- A current professional résumé.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score if the applicant’s native language is not English, unless the applicant has received an undergraduate degree from a U.S. college or university. A TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper based test or 213 on the computer based test or 79 on the Internet based test is required. An official IELTS score can be submitted in lieu of TOEFL in which case a minimum overall band score of 6.0 is required.
Only completed applications (containing all required application materials listed above) will be reviewed for admission. Applications will be reviewed by the Jesse H. Jones School of Business.
Students admitted to the online Executive Master of Business Administration program at the Jesse H. Jones School of Business will be eligible to pursue this concentration.
Students must satisfy the Executive MBA core curriculum requirements (27 credit hours) along with the specialized Energy Finance course requirements (9 credit hours) to complete the Executive MBA degree requirement.
Students pursuing the Online Executive Master MBA with concentration in Energy Finance must meet the academic regulations of Jesse H. Jones School of Business including those related to the minimum GPA and scholastic discipline.
|Other Required Courses||6|
|FIN 621||Fin & Econ Anal||3|
|BADM 630||Managerial Communication||3|
|MGMT 636||Organizational & Mgmt Theory||3|
|MGMT 670||Global Strategic Mgmt||3|
|MGSC 624||Statistical Methods||3|
|MIS 671||Introduction to MIS||3|
|MKTG 650||Sem Mktg Probs||3|
|ACCT 631||Sem: Managerial Acctg||3|
|MGSC 625||Supply Chain Management||3|
|FIN 675||Energy Finance||3|
|FIN 685||Energy Trading||3|
|FIN 695||Financial Valuation Modeling||3|