Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
The online Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) program is a two-year program uniquely designed to meet the challenging needs of mid-career professionals who wish to pursue an MBA degree with the least possible disruption to their professional and personal lives. The program is offered online and combines the advanced business concepts of a Master of Business Administration curriculum and prepares candidates to lead and manage organizations.
Upon completion of the EMBA program, graduates will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a broad array of business concepts related to finance, accounting, economics, marketing, operations, statistics, business law and information technology.
- Demonstrate skills that enable the appropriate application of critical, analytical, and strategic thinking to the analysis of and development of solutions to business problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize information technology and systems for effective decision-making, problem solving, and communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize strategies for leading and structuring high performance teams, working cooperatively, and communicating effectively.
- Demonstrate a greater appreciation for workplace diversity, ethical issues facing businesses today, and the challenges of the global marketplace.
Students are admitted to the EMBA program twice per year, in the fall and spring semesters only. The deadline for submission of all application materials is July 15 for the Fall semester and November 15 for the Spring semester (early submission is encouraged).
Admission to the Online Executive MBA program requires a minimum of three to five years of significant management or supervisory experience and a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher
- An official transcript of all undergraduate course work.
- Evidence of at least three (3) to five (5) years of significant and progressive management and/or supervisory work experience.
- A statement of purpose of no more than 500 words (2-pages), explaining your reasoning for seeking an advanced degree in business, describing how the program will help facilitate your career goals. Reflect on your greatest accomplishment and disappointment, and, lessons learned from the experiences. Discuss your professional and executive experience that relates to the pursuance of this program including a brief discussion of your post-EMBA goals.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation are required, including one from your immediate supervisor. Letters of recommendation should be obtained from individuals who know you well and can present a balanced evaluation and assessment of your capabilities. Letters should include your strengths, ma n a g er i a l / su p e r vi so r y e x p er i en c e , areas for improvement and commitment to academic excellence in a rigorous program.
- A current professional résumé.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score if the applicant’s native language is not English, unless the applicant has received an undergraduate degree from a U.S. college or university. A TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper based test or 213 on the computer based test or 79 on the Internet based test is required. An official IELTS score can be submitted in lieu of TOEFL in which case a minimum overall band score of 6.0 is required.
Only completed applications (containing all required application materials listed above) will be reviewed for admission. Applications will be reviewed by the Jesse H. Jones School of Business.
The Online Executive MBA program consists of thirty-six (36) credit hours. The program is delivered entirely online and is primarily administered via Blackboard Academic Suites which includes live chat, online lectures, virtual classrooms, and teleconferencing capabilities.
Students are admitted to the Executive MBA (EMBA) program as a cohort and there are no electives. The program does not allow for deviation from the curriculum.
The minimum general requirements for the Executive MBA degree are:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required for all graduate work attempted.
- No more than 6 semester credit hours of “C” and/or “C+” work are accepted toward satisfying graduation and degree requirements.
- All courses in the program are taken on a cohort basis.
- All students must register for six semester hours of graduate coursework in each semester during the program.
- To be considered full-time, a student must register for at least 6 semester hours of graduate work per semester. A normal course load consists of 6 semester hours.
|FIN 621||Fin & Econ Anal||3|
|BADM 630||Managerial Communication||3|
|MGMT 636||Organizational & Mgmt Theory||3|
|MGMT 670||Global Strategic Mgmt||3|
|MGSC 624||Statistical Methods||3|
|MIS 671||Introduction to MIS||3|
|MKTG 650||Sem Mktg Probs||3|
|Other Required Courses|
|ACCT 631||Sem: Managerial Acctg||3|
|FIN 652||Managerial Finance||3|
|MGMT 646||Graduate Seminar in Mgmt||3|
|MGSC 625||Supply Chain Management||3|