Generation of Student Transcripts
What is an official transcript?
An official transcript is the University’s certified document of your academic record. The official transcript includes all levels of study (undergraduate, graduate, and professional). Official transcripts are printed on security paper. Transcripts contain confidential information and are released only in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). For your protection, we will not release an official transcript without your signature. (Transcripts may not be re- disclosed without written permission from the student with the exception of a court ordered subpoena.)
Before an official transcript can be released, all admissions requirements, fiscal and financial aid obligations to the university must be met.
Transcript and Delivery Options
The Transcript division of the Office of the Registrar produces only official transcripts. Official Texas Southern University transcripts will either be printed on watermark security paper with the University Seal and the signature of the University Registrar, or transmitted via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) through the National Student Clearinghouse (Effective Fall 2016). Students who were enrolled prior to Fall 1987 at Texas Southern University may only obtain an official transcript on watermark security paper. Official transcripts may be picked-up, mailed, and electronic delivered.
Go to the Student Accounting Department to make a payment of $5.00 per transcript (includes all levels of course work). Go to the Registrar’s Office counter located on the second floor of the Bell Building to submit your proof of payment and to complete your transcript request form(s). Photo ID is required.
If another person is picking up your transcript, you must fax to (713-313-1878) or scan to (email@example.com) a signed statement authorizing us to release your transcript and name of the individual. We will ask for a photo ID and will not accept a not brought in by the person picking up the transcript.
You may write a letter or use the Transcript Request Form. Please include the following with your transcript request form:
- Date of birth
- Student I.D. number or last four numbers of your Social Security
- Your current address
- Address where transcript is to be mailed
- Your signature
- Check or money order for $5.00 per transcript made out to Texas Southern University
- Select "Order Transcripts on the Web."
- Select "Current" or "Former" student and follow the detailed instructions.
- The price of a transcript set (set includes all levels of course work)
- Payable by VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- US Mail-Sent via the United State Postal Service first class mail
- PDF transcript delivery is an official Texas Southern University transcript delivered electronically over a secure network to the email address you designate as the recipient.